Director of Business Development
We are looking for a highly talented and ambitious Director of Business Development, with a few years of experience in commercial roles, but more importantly with passion and excitement about the opportunity to innovate and to be part of building the next great European-based tech company.
In your role, you will be a core member of the management team and work closely with our COO and Marketing Director to develop and execute our business development strategy. Find and deliver the next set of Fortune 500 customers, and deliver both national and EU subsidies and grants for the further development of (ethical) neuro-adaptive technology.
Who are we?
Zander Labs is a fast-growing neuro-adaptive technology startup/scale-up with offices in the Netherlands and Germany. We invented the concept of passive brain-computer interfaces (passive BCI). This idea of directly connecting the human mind to technology allows us to realize our mission: to make machine interaction more human.
Our group is small but rapidly expanding, built around the pioneering work of Professor Thorsten Zander. With our research team based in Germany, we are building up our sales and marketing team out of our office in Delft, the Netherlands.
Your main responsibility is to generate business and deliver subsidies and grants to build out our company to be a world-leading neuro-tech company, based out of the EU. You will:
- Drive and execute business development strategy
- Find and deliver national and EU grants and subsidies, where that makes sense with partnerships (tech vendors, universities)
- Develop sales funnel for consulting projects and tech development opportunities with large multinationals, research firms, and universities
- Entrepreneurial mindset, confident without being arrogant;
• You’ve always stood out: either with great grades at uni, awesome results at your previous job, or running your own (side) business
• A minimum of 5 years experience in commercial roles, and experience dealing with senior clients;
• Affinity with tech;
• Ideally with proven track record of winning national/EU grants or subsidies;
• Either technical or commercial background – most importantly: business smarts;
• High proficiency in English is a must. Preference to proficiency in German.
What we offer
You’ll be working at an exciting startup/scale-up with tremendous ambition, and with a group of world-leading experts in the field of passive Brain-Computer Interfaces.
We offer an excellent remuneration package that grows quickly with our growing business and includes stock options, plus a great working atmosphere at our office in the university city of Delft, the Netherlands.
A cover letter is very important to us and will show what you want to bring to the team. Send us an awesome letter letting us know how and why you fit our requirements so well. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.